Pages

5 May 2014

Some issues during the flight with the Tarot T-2D gimbal and the Naza controller

It is still a bit confusing to define the origin of some of the issues I have had for this test flight with the Tarot T-2D gimbal.

In one hand I am having vibrations in footage in two different scenarios:
  • When I speed up forward
  • When I tilt the gimbal up or down
Maybe it was too windy, and because of the GoPro visor and the wind resistance, the tilt suffer and fails. And I guess that speeding up produces more vibrations, but there should be a way of avoiding this. There are a lot of shoots that require high speed, and obviously there are lots of days with some wind, so there should be a way of solving these problems.

Regarding the tilt problem, I have been reading some posts that advise to install the 1.5 version to avoid the vibrations and shaking produced by the gimbal motors. 

Here you can see how to update the latest firmware (download the 1.5 version here), and this video is great to play around with you gain settings and check the behavior after that.


What I have solved for sure is the initial shaking of the gimbal motors when the quad is still on the ground, but there are still some vibrations left when moving the quad forward and backward (tilting the camera) as you can see in this video I have recorded:


I have also seen what it seems to be a general problem with the Naza controller and the barometer when the sun hits directly at the left side of the controller. I don´t know if this is my case, but just for prevention I´m using some black tape for covering its sides. This is one of the videos you will find in YouTube with this issue:


The last issue I have been experiencing, is some stability issues with some of my batteries.

KyPOM Battery 2200mAh 25C 11.1V
KyPOM Battery 2200mAh 25C 11.1V
 When I charge them they seem to be all right (3.20v per cell). But when I fly, the quad has a high tendency to pitch, roll, or both, and It´s really difficult to control. It normally ends up in a non-soft landing. It seems those batteries are faulty, I´m following this page to try to discover what is going on...

No comments:

Post a Comment